Long-Term Parking Garage No. 2 Project
City and County of San Francisco Airport Commission/San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
This project involved the construction of a new long-term, six-level parking facility adjacent to the current long-term parking facility. The parking structure project increased the long-term parking capacity at SFO by a net of 3,000 spaces and achieved ParkSmart Gold certification. It is a technologically innovative facility that includes an automated parking guidance system, infrastructure for 20% electric vehicle charging, and dynamic signage.
This project has received numerous awards:
- 2020 IES Illumination Award Best Energy and Environmental Design Project
- 2020 ACEC California Award of Merit o 2019 Engineering News Record California’s Best Northern Region Aviation Project
- 2019 San Francisco Collaborative Partnering Gold Award – Buildings over $30M
- 2019 San Francisco Collaborative Partnering Best of Buildings Award o 2019 ASCE Region 9 Airport and Ports Project of the Year
- 2019 ASCE San Francisco Region Airport and Ports Project of the Year
Consor provided construction management, resident engineering, office engineering, field inspection, and Consor scheduling.
- Design-build project delivery method
- Certified green ParkSmart garage